Cowboy calls out Conor McGregor for July fight after dominating win at UFC Fight Night 151 Ottawa

Just last week prior to his UFC Ottawa headliner against Al Iaquinta, lightweight contender Donald Cerrone was no longer entertaining a possible fight against Conor McGregor. “Cowboy” says that ship has sailed, and he would rather keep himself active until he gets to a title shot.

But after picking up a third straight win on Saturday, the 36-year-old Cerrone is now making it all about his son. Which is why is positioning himself to either get the next crack at the title, or to finally throw down with “The Notorious.”

“I guess the dad Cerrone is 3-0 now, so I’m on a new mission. I’ve got to build this boy a swimming pool,” Cerrone told Michael Bisping during the post-fight Octagon intervie.

“I want the title, whatever that means, unless, Conor McGregor, you want to fight me in July, I’m ready. 4th of July, let’s do it.”

Cerrone and McGregor were already lined up for a fight, but nothing came about due to contract disagreements.

The UFC’s upcoming card around the date that Cerrone mentioned would be UFC 239, which takes place on July 6th in Las Vegas for International Fight Week. It will be headlined by a light heavyweight title fight between Jon Jones and Thiago Santos. It will then be co-headlined by the women’s bantamweight championship between Amanda Nunes and Holly Holm.

Source: Bloodyelbow.com